Due to the recent change in the government guidelines, masks must now be worn when entering our shops. Thank you.
Our day trip programe has resumed. However, things will be slightly different. Please see below about the measures we have put in place to keep our staff, drivers and customers safe!
For everyone’s safety, comfort and enjoyment we have adopted the following measures and require your continued assistance.
- Seating is allocated to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Face coverings should be worn.*
- Contactless temperature checks will be made.
- No eating or drinking on board is allowed.
- Embarking & Disembarking the vehicle may take longer – please follow the instructions given by your driver. You may be asked to disembark the vehicle at the final pick up point so passengers can board according to seat numbers.
- All venues that we intend to visit have all complied with the Government safety guidelines.
- Our reservation & booking system is fully compliant with “Track & Trace”.
- Children under 11 are not required to wear a face covering.
We are back! Our offices are now open to take bookings. Please note that only 2 people can enter the shop at any one time. Don't forget, you can still book online or give us a call to enquire.
In light of the recent Government advice, we will be cancelling all of our holidays and day trips throughout March. We plan to continue our holiday and day trip program as usual from April 1st. We are working through our current bookings in date order so please bare with us, we will be in touch. We are reviewing the situation daily and we will keep you informed.
We’re sure that you have concerns about your travel plans with Plimbley Travel, also how this will impact on holidays and day trips that you’ve booked with us. We want you to know that your health and safety are of paramount importance to us, and we take your wellbeing very seriously. We are closely monitoring the guidance being provided by the UK Government, Public Health England (PHE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO). At the moment there are no plans to restrict travel within the United Kingdom, so based on this advice all holidays and day trips will continue as planned.
Should this guidance change, and we feel that in all likelihood it will, we will notify you immediately and let you know how this will impact your travel plans with us. Please ensure you have appropriate travel insurance policies in place. We will only issue refunds if travel restrictions are put in place in the UK. If you have been advised not to travel by your GP before a restriction has been put in place, please consult your travel insurance policies.
We will continue to provide updates as and when the situations changes and will provide you with help and guidance about what this means to you and your holiday/day trip booked with us. Whilst we continue to operate as normal, be assured that after each trip our coaches are fully cleaned and sanitised internally.